Adapted recipe and photos by Miss Kate's Cookbook
Original recipe by Treasures from Our Home
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 lb bulk seasoned sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper ( I used a red bell pepper )
- 1 stalk of celery thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 ( 10 ounce ) cans of Rotel tomatoes with Green Chile's ( To spice it up use one can of hot Rotel )
- 1 medium head of cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 TB flour
- 1 cup of milk
Cook for 5 minutes.
Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish. In a separate bowl, microwave cheese and butter till melted.
Stir in milk and flour. Pour over mixture.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe - Miss Kate's Cookbook