New South Chilled String Beans
Adapted Recipe and photos by Miss Kate's Cookbook
Original Recipe by Ambrosia Cookbook by The Junior Auxiliary of Vicksburg
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped rosemary
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh string beans
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ( 4 - ounce ) package tomato - basil feta cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F. Places pecans in single layer on a cookie sheet and toast for 5 to 8 minutes. Set aside .
Combine oil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
Cut or snap green beans into thirds and cook in boiling water until crisp - tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. Spread on paper towels to absorb excess water.
Add beans, pecans, onion, and cheese to the large bowl and toss with vinaigrette.
Cover and Chill . Yield: 8 servings
Bon Appetite !
Click here for a printable version of this recipe - Miss Kate's Cookbook