Sunday, October 2, 2011

Beans Supreme

When  you  look  at  the  name  of  this  recipe,  you  might  not  think  you  want  to  try  it.  I  will  admit  when  I  saw  it, I thought that  it  was  unique.  I  will  tell  you  its  very  tasty  and  something  I  think  you  kids  will  like.  ( You  can  take  the mushrooms  out,  if  your  kids  do  not  like  them. )  I  laughed  when  I  read  it  because  it  had  pork  and  beans  in  it,  I have  not  had  them  since  my  children  were  young.  I  did  find  out  that  Pork  and  Beans  on  toast  is  England favorite  food.

 Bean  Supreme
Adapted  recipe  and  photos  by  Miss  Kate's  Cookbook
Original  recipe  by  River Roads  Cookbook


2  pounds  ground  beef
1/4  cup  bacon  drippings
1  large  onion,  chopped
1/2  green pepper,  chopped
1  can  (4 ounce)  mushrooms
1  can   (16 ounce)  stewed  tomatoes
1  can  tomato  soup  (undiluted)
1  can  ( 1  pound, 13  ounce )  pork and beans
1  can  (16 ounce)  red  beans
1 1/2   teaspoons   salt
Dash  of  cayenne  pepper
1  tablespoon  Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2  cups  sharp  cheese,  grated

Brown  meat  in  drippings  in  heavy  skillet;  add  onions,  green  pepper,
and  mushrooms.  Cook  until  vegetables  are  lightly  browned.  Add  tomatoes. soup,  beans,  salt  and  Worcestershire  sauce.  Put  in  a  2  1/2.  quart  casserole.  'top  with  grated  cheese  and  bake  at  350°  for  about  1  hour.  Serves  10-12.
Bon  Appetite !


Click  here  for  a  printable  version  of  this  recipe -  Miss  Kate's  Cookbook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...